Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blogging

Perhaps this is imprudent, or a little to "meta" for some's liking, but I'm writing this blog about starting to blog. I have an opportunity to blog for a school publication that I have been writing long-form articles for for the past year. Last night, I was talking to our Blog Editor about how I need to come up with a focused topic or "beat" to cover serially, and she essentially told me I have a strong enough writing voice that she doesn't need me to have a topic. Apparently, I can blog about anything I want, pretty much whenever I want, and have me the interesting thing that connects these all together? Huh. I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but that's a lot of pressure to be consistent and interesting. Hopefully, writing here has been good practice. I also don't want to take away content from this outlet because I'm writing for another one, and there are ethical implications to posting in more than one place. It's sort of like, well, the real world. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment