Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hide and Go Seek

One of my best friends has this theory that the people you are supposed to find the universe will give you many opportunities to get to. He developed this plan when he was dating a girl he could have met through church or a summer camp or their parents working together. I have long been a casual believer in this small-world theory and on more than one occasion I've found people who became important in my life that I could have found in other places if I'd been looking. I didn't really subscribe to a notion that the only people who become important in my life are people I could have come across in a variety of ways, particularly not now that I've left my insular childhood spending 17 years in the same town. Now? Not so sure. In pure, crazy, poor decision-making, college student style, I'm taking a road trip this weekend to visit a high school friend, who happens to be friends at college with one of my college friend's high school friends. Happens to be one of the most important people in my life right now. Huh, maybe the universe knows more about what's going on than me, fancy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment