Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jumping In

And so I find myself at a very different time than I anticipated standing on the edge of cliff overlooking a very different view. The last five years of my life have not really gone as planned. Somewhere, in a now long-lost fantasy I was going to be doing what I'd always done and getting different results. But, now, I'm looking at a very new landscape from a vantage point I couldn't have imagined five years ago. Parts of me have always been afraid to dive into something unless I'm 100 percent positive about the outcome (or at least the best and worse possible outcomes). And, right now, I have no idea of the outcome, but I think it's time to take a leap (sorry, Kierkegaard, I know you're rolling in the grave for the misuse of that phrase). I try to stand by a strong even-if-it-doesn't-work-out-you-learn-from-it policy, so this is me, looking for a new teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment