Monday, August 27, 2012

5:30 to 8:00

So this semester I have two classes that meet once a week from 5:30 until 8:00 in the evening. I actually "like" night classes (as in, I have no different feelings about them as compared to other time slots), and I also took one in the fall last year. Tonight, I walked into the class in the sunlight and walked out in sunlight, but as the semester progresses I will come to walk in in the sun and walk out in the dark, and then, eventually, both enter and exit in complete wintery darkness. Walking across campus after one of those classes today, I realized that approximately maps to my general feelings throughout the semester. Right now, I'm still pretty energized about everything that's coming in the next few months, but in a few weeks I'll be lethargically chugging along trying desperately to get through midterms, and by the end of November I'll be all but dead with a soupy brain. Soupy-brained, ready-for-Christmas darkness. So, basically, I'm deciding I really need to enjoy the sunlight while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment